Wednesday, January 6, 2010

REJOICE! January newsletter...2010

Kristina Law and I were talking recently and realized we have had the web site now for well over 3 years and have sent out newsletters since October 2006. We're grateful for the way they have been received and for the opportunity to do something positive to keep us thinking about the blessings of the gospel. We hope we can continue to be helpful to each of you who visit the site and the blog or receive our letters.

REJOICE!! There is something magical about the word. Saying it just makes you feel a bit of happiness inside. In a recent fast and testimony meeting I heard a man talk about the word and how even when things are going badly and the world is in great turmoil, we can stop to ponder the Lord's plan for us and we can rejoice.

There is a song in the hymn book, "Rejoice the Lord is king, your Lord and King adore. Mortals give thanks and sing and triumph evermore. Lift up your heart. Lift up your voice. Rejoice, again I say Rejoice". It's a wonderful song and very uplifting to sing and think about the words.

2010 is going to be my year to use the motto "REJOICE" I'm going to try to focus on rejoicing over the many great blessings I have and not let the negative things drag me down to despair over any of them. In pondering over the word, my thoughts turned to the many words that begin with "re" that can help me in the desire to rejoice. They are:

Renew - every Sunday the covenants I made with the Savior at baptism, etc, by partaking of the sacrament.

Reserve - time to study the scriptures and learn more of gospel principles.

Rededicate - my life to being a follower of Christ. In every situation, what would He do?

Repent - of any wrongdoing that would hinder my progress in being the person I want to be.

Return - the love and caring the Savior has shown me by showing it to those around me.

Revere - the prophets and apostles whose writings and guidance we can receive.

Reveal - the gospel doctrine to my friends and neighbors...share the gospel.

Reverence - my brothers and sisters around the world knowing that we are all children of Heavenly Father who loves each of us.

Revive - enthusiasm for doing good wherever and whenever I can.

Reward - those around me with a smile and a word of encouragement...they can be my friends.

Reaffirm - my testimony through study and prayer.

Resist - temptation to be angry or hateful or even be negative in any situation.

Represent - the Church of Jesus Christ in all I do.

Respect - the ideas of those I associate with even when they are in stark difference to mine.

Reserve - time to dream and meditate.

Remember - Oh remember, how blessed I have been throughout my life by living in this dispensation of time and with the family I have.

Responsible - to be kind and considerate to all.

Regroup - whenever I make a mistake, correct it if possible and work to not make it again.

Restore - peace in the hearts of those who are hurting by showing love and being helpful.

Reclaim - the opportunities I have had to do good and make the most of them in the future.


By focusing this year on the "re" words and the ideas they invoke in my mind I hope to be able to REJOICE this year and make 2010 be a wonderful year. May it be helpful to you too in little ways to make your year the best!! With love, Maurine Winters

No comments: